State of Decay 2: Bleed to Lead Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The 2022 Undead Labs Bleed to Lead Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is subject to the following rules and regulations:
1. ELIGIBILITY AND DEADLINES: The Giveaway begins 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 11, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 24, 2022 (“Giveaway Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway. Giveaway is open to individuals who are: (a) legal residents of the United States, (b) physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (c) at least the age of majority, as defined in the entrant’s state of residence, at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, outside the United States, within the United States territories, and where prohibited by law. By participating in this Giveaway, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Undead Labs LLC is the Sponsor for the Giveaway. The American Red Cross is the Charity benefiting from the Giveaway. Employees of the Sponsor, Charity and their respective affiliates, representatives, employees, volunteers, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional, public relations and judging agencies, prize suppliers and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to participate. All entrants must have a valid mailing address, email address and phone number. Sponsor may require satisfactory proof of Entrant’s identity and eligibility.
2. TO ENTER: The steps set forth in sections 2(a) and 2(b) below describe how to submit an “Entry” or “Entries” to the Giveaway; each person who submits any Entry is an “Entrant.” Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, along with the Giveaway website terms and conditions, if any, and to be bound by Sponsor’s Terms of Service (https://undeadlabs.com/tou/) and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters related to the Giveaway and which Sponsor may decide in its sole discretion. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY IS VOLUNTARY.
(a) To Enter by Donating: Anyone who donates at least Ten Dollars ($10.00) to the Bleed to Lead fundraising campaign, through the fundraising page of an individual or team or by donating on www.redcross.org/stateofdecay (“Website:”), during the Giveaway Period will be entered for a chance to win. To determine the number of Entries in connection with each donation, each donation is broken down into Ten Dollar ($10) increments, with each Ten Dollar increment ($10) constituting one (1) Entry. Donations or dollars raised do not need to be exact or multiples of the increments listed above. In other words, $10 and $11 donations get one (1) entry; $60 and $61 get six (6) entries. Entrants may donate more than one time. Each donation made separately through one of the channels above is separate for purposes of counting Entries. In other words, two (2) separate donations of $15 each grant the Entrant two (2) Entries (not three (3) Entries, which would be the case if one donation of $30 had been made). Donations must be made through an individual or team fundraiser or on the Website using a credit card and successfully processed to completion (and not subject to any chargebacks or disputes) during the Giveaway Period to count toward the Giveaway. Donations made outside of the Giveaway Period and/or offline, even if recorded on the Website, are not eligible and will not be counted.
(b) To Enter Without Donating: An individual may send an email to email@example.com and include: (i) within the email subject line the name of the “Bleed to Lead Giveaway,” and (ii) within the body of the email Entrant’s (A) first and last names, (B) valid telephone number, (C) valid mailing address and (D) valid email address to submit an Entry. Entrants may submit multiple email Entries.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Decisions of the random drawing are final. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. A random drawing will be conducted on or about August 1 by Sponsor to select the winners from all eligible Entries received. The two (2) potential Prize Winners will be notified within twenty-four (24) hours after the drawing, using the email address or phone number provided with Entry and may be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility, including return of the Affidavit, as defined below, and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Notification will be from Undead Labs from the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; a notification of winner selection from any other entity or address is fraudulent. Failure by a potential Prize Winner to respond within seventy-two (72) hours after the second of two (2) attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Prize Winner will then be selected in the same manner from all remaining eligible Entries. If Sponsor is unable to determine and verify two (2) potential Prize Winners after repeated alternate drawings or if Sponsor fails to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prize(s) available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award the all prize(s).
4. PRIZES: Two (2) prize packages (“Prizes”) will be awarded. Prize A will include one (1) gaming mouse in Undead Labs colors and one (1) pair of AirPods Pro. Prize 2 will include one (1) Xbox controller designed by Undead Labs, and one (1) pair of AirPods Max in a custom design. Approximate total retail value of both prizes is $1700. Prizes will be delivered at Sponsor’s expense to a location of Prize Winner’s choosing within the United States or the District of Columbia. The Prizes are subject to change or cancelation, at Sponsor’s discretion, if it becomes unavailable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice at Sponsor’s discretion.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNER: ALL POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY, INCLUDING THE ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION, SELECTION OF THE WINNER, AND ALL OTHER MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. Except where legally prohibited, potential Prize winner(s) must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release, and any other related documentation required by the Sponsor (collectively, the “Affidavit”), which will be included with the email notification, within seven (7) days following notification of winning, or an alternate potential Prize winner may be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential Prize winner who does not comply with these requirements and such disqualification will result in an alternate Prize winner being selected. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate potential Prize winner(s), if any.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Each Prize winner is responsible for reporting and paying all taxes associated with a winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes, if any, as required by the applicable laws of Sponsor’s and Prize winner’s jurisdictions. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize is provided “as is” and the Prize winner assumes all risks associated with its use. Sponsor hereby disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, associated with the Prize. If any winner cannot accept the Prize as stated, such winner’s prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected as set forth above.
The Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or sold on any internet site; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make an equivalent Prize substitution at its sole discretion. No Prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by the Prize winner is permitted. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
7. GENERAL RULES AND RELEASES: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, CHARITY, AND THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, GOVERNORS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY OR IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS GIVEAWAY CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURANCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offering or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions, or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Sponsor is also not responsible for any connectivity failures on the Tiltfy, YouTube, Mixer, Twitch, and stateofdecay.com platforms and any other platform(s) used by Entrant in connection with the Giveaway. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any provision of these Official Rules should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable.
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Official Rules and any promotional materials for the Giveaway, these Official Rules shall prevail and control. Pre-approved Giveaway related materials containing licensed marks are used with permission. Notwithstanding anything in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Giveaway for any reason. In doing so, Sponsor is not obligated to give away the Prizes. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Giveaway cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect Entries and suspend the Giveaway and modify the Giveaway to address the impairment, then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
8. PUBLICITY: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), CHARITY AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE ENTRANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
9. FORCE MAJEURE: Without limitation to Sponsor’s other rights set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor hereby retains the right (in its sole discretion) to suspend, modify and/or terminate the Giveaway in the event that Sponsor is unable to complete the Giveaway and/or award any prize because of force majeure events, including, but not limited to, any strike, fire, war, terrorist act, pandemic, epidemic, governmental action, regulation or mandate, or any disruptive event beyond our control. If the participation of any Entrant is suspended as set forth herein, the period of their participation in the Giveaway shall be deemed extended by a period equivalent to the period of suspension, unless otherwise announced on the Giveaway website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no termination hereunder shall affect Sponsor’s rights hereunder or any of its rights in and to the Giveaway, which shall remain in full force and effect.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, the Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the charity stream process or the Giveaway; (iv) electronic, clerical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or notification of winner; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including, but not limited to, Entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or Prize winner’s receipt, and/or use or enjoyment of the Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorism, or any other event as listed in these Official Rules. Under no circumstances, including their own negligence, shall the Released Parties be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the web site, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE GIVEAWAY AND SPONSOR’S WEB SITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS. Any attempt by an Entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway, including, but not limited to, any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any Prize won.
11. GOVERNING LAW /JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants or Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Washington, D.C., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13. WIN LIST OR OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a list of winners, available after August 31, 2022, or to receive a copy of these Official Rules, email email@example.com, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope in a separate first class stamped envelope to: Undead Labs, Attn: State of Decay 2: Blood Saves Lives Giveaway, 308 Occidental Ave S, #200 Seattle, WA 98104. Vermont residents may exclude return postage on requests for Official Rules. Requests should be received no later than July 25, 2022.
14. SPONSOR: Undead Labs, 308 Occidental Ave S, #200 Seattle, WA 98104
// End of Official Rules //
For the purposes of this Giveaway, the American Red Cross name and logo are used with permission.