During the month of February, Team Xbox is lifting up and celebrating Black voices.
By now you may have seen the charity T-shirt we commissioned in support of the NAACP (and if not, check it out now!) and today we want to spotlight other ways to get involved.
- Hear from Black/African American-identifying Xbox Ambassadors about their experiences with representation. These testimonies from fellow game enthusiasts remind us how games connect us:
“Gaming communities have also been empowering for me. For a lonely kid growing up in big schools crammed with sports stars and bullies, they are a means of making friends and becoming a part of something exciting and fulfilling. I found new friends and learned more about other cultures from across the sea.” – SibuMaxhita
- Check out Xbox Community Game Club and discover games that were either developed by Black/African American creators or featuring Black/African American characters and voice actors. This is a great opportunity to learn more about how some of your favorite games were developed, from Watch Dogs 2 to The Yakuza Remastered Collection
- Not enough time to play? Feel like watching instead? Xbox Programming is featuring Black streamers, content creators, and developers during the month of February. Follow along with their schedule and find something new to watch!
- Chances are, you’ve earned Microsoft Rewards through purchasing or playing Xbox games. Now, you can donate these Rewards to various organizations, and during February, Microsoft will match your donation to Gameheads, Black Girls Code, and the NAACP (coincidentally, the organization we are also supporting with T-shirt sales!)
- Check out the new Halo nameplate you’ll earn by logging into the game during February, and the new lessons (including a free demo) from Minecraft: Education Edition here in the official Xbox Wire post, where you’ll find details about all of these engagement opportunities and more.
Remember, the State of Decay x NAACP T-shirt is only available until March 1, 2021. Get yours today and show us your selfie! Tag @stateofdecay on Twitter and use hashtag #towardbrighterdays for a chance to be featured on a future developer livestream.