Today we kick off a pumpkin carving and decorating contest: Carve (or paint) your art out! We’re looking for ghoulish, blood-plagued pumpkins to light up the neighborhood. Use our stencils to carve a pumpkin and spookify your porch, or adorn your own decorative gourd with paints, stickers, and anything that makes you go, “Ooo, chilly!”
Here are some real-life test examples from an Undeadite!
Then, share a photo of your masterpiece with us on Twitter! Make sure to @ us and use the hashtag #CarveYourArtOut so we don’t miss it. We’ll be picking winners and announcing them on our livestream on October 31st! Prizes are Red Talon hoodies from our Xbox Gear Store, which you can’t really pass up because it’s officially sweata-weatha.
- Carve or decorate a pumpkin, using our provided stencils (if you wish, you can also create your own State Of Decay-inspired design!)
- Share your design with us on Twitter and include #CarveYourArtOut and @StateOfDecay
- Contest begins Tuesday, October 18 and closes Sunday, October 30 at midnight PT
- THREE winners will be chosen by the UL team and announced Monday, October 31st during our livestream
- Open to both U.S. and international residents, with the exception of folks residing in countries NOT served by the Xbox Gear Shop. Please review the Xbox Gear Shop international shipping policy for more details.
Here are the State of Decay 2 stencils to get you started. Some are trickier than others! All have instructions attached. Simply click the image to open it in another tab, right-click to save, and then print.
Grab a friend and get creative! (Just watch your fingers please!)
For more Halloween fun, check out the Update 31: Dress to Kill blog post to get the lowdown on everything we have in store for the spooky szn!